Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I Want to be an Executive Cat

As I write am sitting on your typical office chair.   It is black, has wheels, is most likely ergonomically designed to best support my lower lumbar and all that junk.  It might sound alright, but as is usually the case, there is something wrong with this chair.  It is missing the left arm.  My poor chair has only a metal plate on the left stump instead of a supple plastic cover.  I mention this not to complain, but instead to draw a comparison between my office accommodations and those of my CATS!!  


Were you to come and visit Casa Shraxwell, you would most likely find at least one cat curled up in an executive office chair.  Not the basic black model that I am relegated to, but a warm leather chair with padded support and features that are far superior to my own current seat.  Our cats have annexed each of the finer chairs for themselves and will go as far as to growl at you if you presuppose that the furniture in this house is for human usage.  Now you may be asking yourself why in the world we have so many office chairs in the house and the answer is to be expected -- we cannot get rid of the extra chairs, because the cats like them so much.



Catch 22?  Maybe.  Stockholm syndrome more likely.

1 comment:

  1. I hope this is daily! Cats do whatever they want. Horrid Beasts!

    ReplyDelete